Search Baldwin County Listings

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Using Your IRA to Buy Discount Real Estate?

I’ve had a lot of people tell me over the past year or so that they know this is THE time to buy Real Estate in their lifetime – if only they had the money to capitalize on these opportunities.  Many of these folks have been working for decades and saving for their retirements in IRA’s.  Many have several hundreds of thousands of dollars in these vehicle – out of site, out of mind.

I was introduced last week to a company that manages “Self’-Directed” IRA’s – by transferring your IRA to one of these companies, you can use the funds in your current IRA to purchase investment real estate, among other things.

With the distrust and uncertainty in the stock market these days and the undeniable low cost of real estate, I think this is a niche worthy of exploring.  Disclaiming here that I’m not a CPA or tax attorney – these just seems to be a way for me to help my customers and clients buy discount real estate with money that they already have.

As always, if you’d like more information on the Fairhope, Orange Beach, Gulf Shores, Daphne or Baldwin County  markets, or on specific properties down here, feel free to email me at Terryl@FairhopeRealtyGroup.com; or call me at 251-990-8838.You can also visit my web-site and search the MLS on your own at www.FairhopeRealtyGroup.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment